Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Intrigued But Intimidated by "Adventure Travel"? Read On...

I started working with Lori Carr and Tomgirl Tours in May, when my agency, Miamore Communications, became the company's public relations agency. In the four months since, I've been lucky to learn SO much about the exciting adventure travel niche... because, to be honest, when I first heard "adventure" in relation to "vacations" for women, I naturally (and very much erroneously) imagined women jumping out of planes, rock climbing (when the ground was nowhere in sight) and other--in my imagination, daredevil--activities. While I was, personally, very much the quintessential tomboy growing up (the only "son" of a man with only two daughters, as my family jokes), the term "adventure travel" intrigued me, yet made me squeamish.

Flash forward to the present day and I understand the levels of adventure travel ("hard" vs. "soft") and especially appreciate Lori's brand of adventure at Tomgirl Tours--"mildly adventurous", as we describe it--exhilarating and empowering, yet entirely safe (and balanced with some girly elements... like spas, upscale hotels, the finest cuisine, and cultural experiences).

Having been now enlightened by Tomgirl Tours, and having done extensive research this wildly popular travel niche (one of the fastest growing segments of travel, according to industry research), I now see on other women's faces the familiar hesitation/misunderstanding/curiosity I experienced when I first met Lori last spring. And that is why I can not recommend enough the Webinar that Lori and fellow adventure-loving travel expert Ann Petronio (owner of Annie's Escapes travel agency) will host next week, Sept. 23 at 7 p.m. (EST). In 30 minutes, Lori and Ann will explain the levels of adventure available and educate women on how to choose the correct tour operator and travel planner to ensure the biggest concerns: comfort and safety. This pair of travel adventure dynamos also will spend additional time answering any and all questions you might have. (And, as an insider tip: Tomgirl will have some special discount incentives for those who attend!)

If you are like me, and you love adventure but aren't quite sure what the heck "adventure travel" entails? Well, I can only say that the Adventure Travel 101: Demystifying Adventure Webinar will be well worth the 30 minutes. For registration, see the link at right, or click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment