Sunday, January 24, 2010

Profile of a Tomgirl: Lisa Nelson

Instead of us always doing the talking, we thought it would be fun to share the stories of other Tomgirls too! First up in this "Profile of a Tomgirl" series: Lisa Nelson (below, just about to try zip lining!), who first traveled with us last summer on our White Mountains Adventure.

1) What does being a Tomgirl mean to you?

Being a Tomgirl means that you can have the best of all worlds. If you want to experience a pampered day at a spa, it's available; if you want to shop, it's available. You can have that type of vacation. But, if you want to do something challenging -- something out of the ordinary, something exciting, something you'll remember for the rest of your life - it's available to you!

2) What type of Tomgirl activities do you like to do to stay active?

When I have time, I like to horseback ride, but it's hard to fit into a busy urban life. The thing I loved about Tomgirl Tours was that it offered me a challenge to do things I'd had always wanted to try. It offered camaraderie, fun and excitement. The first Tomgirl Tour I took lured me with the challenge of zip-lining and controlled wind tunnel sky-diving. Because I am afraid of heights, and knew I would never get in a plane to sky-dive, it sounded like a perfect way to have the thrill without the danger. It far surpassed my expectations, and allowed me a great vacation with my daredevil daughter! We would not have vacationed together if it were not for the activities offered by Tomgirl Tours.

3) What do you love most about the outdoors?

I love the beauty of all outdoor landscapes. Whether we are in the mountains, by the water, or in the desert, the experience is indescribable. Each offers something to the individual. So, whether you want excitement or peace or beauty, all are available to you outdoors.

4) How did you find out about Tomgirl Tours and what do you think about a company that caters to women like you?

I received an email at my computer station, which I think was meant for the woman who was in the position before me! I was absolutely intrigued. It was the first vacation package in my life where I had no hesitation to go by myself. The activities sounded incredible. [Tomgirl Tours Founder] Lori Carr has a knack of knowing what women like me want. I loved the fact that everything was so well planned out, but without the forced structure you may get in other vacation packages. The ladies on the trip were fabulous (pictured, right), and my daughter went with me and shared an experience we will never forget. I'm so happy to have found Tomgirl Tours and look forward to many more vacations with them!

For more, here's a little taste of Lisa's Tomgirl adventure...

1 comment:

  1. My family and friends love the pictures and blog! I think I have new "tomgirls" to come on board!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete